Shoestring Adventures is looking for experienced outdoor and lifestyle photographers in California.
As a triptographer, you will document weekend experiences and lend support to trip leaders as needed. You have a deep appreciation for nature, a passion for connecting with people and a superhuman talent for capturing the moment without being noticed. Our campers feel comfortable around your camera, so they can stay in the moment, resulting in photos that feel natural and accessible.
Triptographers are independent contractors. A background in nature, travel and lifestyle photography is preferred.
- Capture the full Shoestring Adventures weekend experience (e.g. campsite, landscape, cooking & activities, individual & group photos).
- Occasionally incorporate sponsored product into photographs. Your photos may be used as creative content by brand partners with your photo credit.
- Edit and deliver high quality photographs to Shoestring Adventures to be shared with campers and brand partners 3 weeks after the trip
- Act as an extra set of hands and support trip leader as needed with groups of 5-10 campers on 2-3 day camping and backpacking adventures in California
- Compose a blog post recapping your trip with Shoestring Adventures (words + photos) to be published on the Shoestring Adventures website
- You must be skilled with a camera and demonstrate a solid understanding of composition, lighting and technique
- You must be able to commit up to 2 months before the trip
- You must own a reliable vehicle and live in or near Los Angeles
- You must be able to take a day off once in a while if you have a full-time job. Check out our schedule of upcoming trips to plan ahead.
- Participate in 1-3 weekend trips in 2018
- Outdoor knowledge with front- and/or backcountry experience
- Wilderness or Basic First Aid certification
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Friendly, positive, upbeat
- Strong social media following and engagement
- Interest in building your outdoor photography portfolio through cultivating relationships with our brand partners
- Knowledge of Leave No Trace principles
- Flat rate per weekend trip
- Free ticket, includes meals and accommodations
- We will feature your work on our social media channels and website
- Supportive community of fellow Shoestring Triptographers
“Working with Alyx was a fantastic experience. She has amassed a great community of outdoor adventurers who appreciate photography and understand the value of having great photographs to take home from their trip. In addition to promoting my work on social media, she was able to introduce me to a number of people in the outdoor brand industry who I have continued to grow with beyond my Shoestring Adventures experience. Alyx is a genuine, hard-working person and any photographer would be lucky to join her on an adventure.” – Ryan Tuttle, Photographer
Sorry, the application for 2018 Triptoraphers is now closed. If you applied before the deadline and we feel you are a good fit, we will contact you after January 12, 2018 to schedule a phone interview. Thanks for applying!