Over 4th of July Weekend, trip leader Canyon invented an original recipe for S’machos, combining two of our favorite comfort foods into the ultimate campfire treat.
Break sugar cones into tortilla-chip-sized pieces at the bottom of a metal baking pan. Layer with chocolate, marshmallows and cookie or peanut butter. Melt everything together over low campfire heat. Add sliced bananas, whipped cream, and enjoy!
- Sugar cones
- Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter or peanut butter
- Chocolate bars or chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Brownie pan
- Aluminum foil
- Oven mit
- Optional: Whipped cream
- Lay tinfoil inside a cooking pan and break apart your waffle cones into tortilla-chip-like sizes. Lay cone chips evenly along the base of your pan.
- Break apart chocolate bars and cover your waffle cone base, add marshmallows then liberally scoop cookie butter over the top for the finish.
- Cover cooking tray with foil, set on top of your open campfire grill, and watch until chocolate and marshmallows have melted.
- Add bananas toward end of cooking or after s’machos have been retrieved from the fire.