We are only two days away from this weekend’s Ojai Camping Trip with Outdoor Discovery School! The weekend includes hiking in the Los Padres National Forest, gourmet camp meals, a dutch oven cooking workshop, yoga, soaking in a natural hot spring and a night photography class. If you haven’t registered yet, you’re in luck! We still have a few spots open, and I’m extending a special discount to my readers and members of Shoestring Adventures LA. Enter code “meetup” upon checkout to get $22 off. Click here to register!
In anticipation, I have created a gear list that you might also find useful for your other car camping adventures. So get packing, and I’ll see you in Ojai!
- Mess Kit with Drawstring Bag: Spoon, Fork, Cutting Knife, Bowl, Plate, Cup
- Reusable Water Bottle (2) and/or Camelbak
- Drinking Water
- Ice Chest
- Personal Stove/Gas
- Biodegradable Dish Soap, Sponge, Drying Cloth
- Firewood/Kindling (if permitted)
- Hiking Pants or Shorts
- Hiking Shoes/Boots/Socks
- Tech Towel/Bandana
- Rain Shell
- Sleeping Socks (To keep you warm at night)
- Pajamas (Usually long underwear)
- Underwear/Sports Bra
- Bathing Suit
- Sleeping Bag
- Ground Pad
- Small Pillow
- Pocket Knife
- Battery Charging Pack/Solar Charging Unit
- Bug Repellant
- Baby Wipes
- Fingernail Clippers/Tweezers
- First Aid Kit
- Toilet Paper
- Contact Lenses/Solution
Join the Shoestring Adventures Club!
Join us today to receive exclusive perks and to take your adventures to the next level! Members will receive access to our private Facebook group, early-registration for events and special discounts.
Sign up today!